The Council of State Governments (CSG) is partnering with the Department of Defense (DoD), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) to support the mobility of licensed dentists and dental hygienists through the development of a new interstate compact. This compact will create reciprocity among participant states, and reduce the barriers to license portability.
The following language must be enacted into law by a state to officially join the Dentist and Dental Hygienist Compact.
No substantive changes should be made to the model language. Any substantive changes may jeopardize the enacting state’s participation in the Compact.
The Council of State Governments National Center for Interstate Compacts reviews state compact legislation to ensure consistency with the model language.
A copy of the legislation is available below:
Review of the model legislation
Along with the American Dental Association and American Dental Hygienists’ Association, the following organizations contributed to the compact development process.
- American Student Dental Association
- Alaska Board of Dental Examiners
- Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Idaho Board of Dentistry
- Iowa Dental Board
- Louisiana State Board of Dentistry
- Minnesota Board of Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Board of Dental Examiners
- Ohio State Dental Board
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine